When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I believe some of the early phantoms had a regular mesinger saddle. I had a 1950 with a standard saddle.
Appreciate the info on this. I’m more of a fan of the earlier Mesinger saddles. I have no doubt the standard one you see on Phantoms is comfortable but I have never liked the look. I have a 1950 Phantom that was missing it’s original seat that’s why I asked.

My Wife's all-original (except for replacement Rocket-Ray, tires & grips) 54 Panther, is 100% identical, except for the sleek Phantom fender-light. The only reasoning I can think of, is for price point. With a Phantom light, Schwinn would have been obligated to sell it at the higher (men's Phantom) price, and therefor limiting sales. Unlike girls, boys were "determined" to specifically have a Phantom, and they, or their parents, would pay the higher price. The manufacturing cost difference, couldn't have been more than a dollar, in those times. Yet the girl's Panther sold for at least $10 less, I believe. Never did we have a girl shopper, enter my Dad's Schwinn/Rudge store, looking for anything specific. Once they viewed the bikes, they'd usually choose a white and pink Debutante. In 1966 & 67, he sold an IDENTICAL (776) quantity of Schwinn's, each of those two years. In the 10 years that he was a dealer,
there was ONLY ONE WARRANTY CLAIM!!! That single warranty was the result of extremely abusive operation of the bike.

My Wife's blue & turquoise Panther, at right. (Site wouldn't accept a bike-only photo, I just took. "File too large".

F6AAA276-17DB-4138-AFE8-C72B5A94A7F8.jpeg

I think it is an original I have a Repro that I took out of a box and the fork bolt is not offset want to buy it located in Chicago?
You're gonna sell here the rules say you need to start a separate thread in the bikes for sale section and list a price, photo(s), and location. V/r Shawn

Back