When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Ranger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Balloonatic thinks the Tinker has a nice bike on his hands. Is the Tinker going to sell this bike?

That is a beautiful bike! And it would look great next to all my other black bikes..... Catfish

That is a nice bike and the first Ranger with this paint scheme as most have been the brown and cream. I'd be happy to park that in my collection with either fork.
I spy the rifle and handgun in the picture.

Greg M.

you guys amaze me

I spied the Pabst too, nothing like mixing guns and beer to get your neighbors excited...
I cant believe how you guys spot little things in the back of photos. Thanks for all the compliments on this bike. The short of it was; there was a pile of bare bones frames in a crawl space, all prewar schwinns. A pile of fenders at the far side of the basement, and in between boxes of parts ; all the forks with springers and truss rods broken down and mixed together, and on and on. coupled by with lots of other schwinn parts hoarded over many years. add to this old cushman, motorcycle and antique car parts and many complete bikes all before 55.
The owner was the sweetest, nicest lady you could ever meet that did not have a clue what her late husband had.(a lesson here for all of us) The late John Polizzi sent me to help her dispose of her husbands stuff. there was only one bike that had all the parts together next to his park repair stand and that is a brown ranger I will post later this week. I believe it was the last bike he was taking apart. the whole affair was really sad, as much as we all dream of finding a hoard of bike stuff I did not enjoy going through all this mans personal stuff. Although I never met him I felt I knew him pretty good afterwords. the Ranger chrome fork surfaced months later under a box of Harley parts. The parts were all sold on Ebay. the bikes sold locally. tink.:)

Black Ranger??? Wow.... more proof Schwinn did weird schtuff....Will the Tinker mount the correct fork and post a pick soon?

Black Ranger??? Wow.... more proof Schwinn did weird schtuff....Will the Tinker mount the correct fork and post a pick soon?

Will keep the black one on for now. I know of one other black one here in ill. in a private collection.
On page 127 of Evolution Of The Bicycle there is a photo of a green 37. dont know if it is original or not. The 37 came in brown , black, blue and maroon as stated in a Ranger advertisement shown in the Mead Ranger bicycle book by John Polizzi. Would be interesting to find out that Ranger being a mail order bike, if special requests for colors would done.

A friend of mine owns this one. V/r Shawn

DSC_0240 - Copy.JPG

Back