When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blackhawk elgin

-

manny and his bicycle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi all cabers..

Hope all is well amigos..

Im trying to make a deal with a friend that went to US

Got an elgin blackhawk in barn condición but still beautiful....the Bike has 28 rim replaced of course ...im not expert but have not idea if Elgin blackhawk was made with 28 tires...

Anybody has any idea about it??

Share some pics

IMG-20180816-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20180816-WA0045.jpg

Actually, the Blackhawk may have come in a '28, but I cannot advice you without a better pic to see the width of the fork or a length measurement crown to end.
The fork does appear long, but the surface patina of this bike raises a flag for me.
Chris

they can in 28 and 26. Chris is right. I'd put a 26 inch wheel on the fork and see how it looks. If it fits tight at the top of the fork and looks small then 28s would be correct

I thought the Blackhawks had stainless fenders? Would this be an early Falcon? Don't have my cat with me or I'd look it up. V/r Shawn

I'm thinking Falcon as well, my Falcon has painted fenders and fork, and I thought Blackhawks had stainless fenders and chrome fork.

Back