When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blasphemy?????

-

yewhi

Finally riding a big boys bike
As much as I enjoy seeing accurate restorations I couldn't resist a little personal freedom of expression on this one...

Before...
4650363962_f5a68896ed_b-1.jpg

After...
4960486243_ff7450493b_b-1.jpg

4961080146_a3294aa48a_b-1.jpg

Criminal, man... Criminal... (in a Beatnik voice)...

Ain't it? BTW this is the build those blunts/amsterdams are intended for. After seeing them on yours, I think it'll be a very nice match.

Thanks Again!

Tim

Cool! Mine rolls really nice & looks period enough to maintain the look with the added bonus of easily serviceable tires. Every friend that has seen my set up has flipped. I still have some work to do to finish it, but it has been saved from the slow death of entropy. I hope to see pictures of yours when it gets completed!

As hard as it is to find parts for these, and the uber expensive repop tires, I see no foul on that! I have a couple frames like that which will get built up to ride.

Thats fantastic, I want to see the total project completed. Are you going with metal or wooden rims? How about handle bars with or without the stutt?

Thats fantastic, I want to see the total project completed. Are you going with metal or wooden rims? How about handle bars with or without the stutt?

Thanks! I'll be sure to update this once I complete the project. As for the wheel set, I've ordered a set of Velocity Blunt 29er (700c) sized rims that will be laced to a new departure model D and a WL (I believe). Both hubs are being rechromed and rather than leave the anodized finish on the rims I will paint them a gloss black and pinstrip them in gray similar to the primary color of the frame.

Regarding the stem/handle bar, I picked up a stem similar to what I believe was on the original and a set of handle bars with a brace. Unfortunately, the chrome on both were totally shot. While I'm having some parts rechromed I'm still working within a budget so I chose to strip these and paint them to match the head tube and darts. They are pictured below.

4940358626_68a3b40355_b-1.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited:
Back