When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blasphemy?????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks great. Original patina is great if you have the whole bike but new finish freedom of expression as you say.

Looks great. Original patina is great if you have the whole bike but new finish freedom of expression as you say.

Thanks and I hear ya'. I think had there been any shred of originality left when I bought it it would've been a different story. When I received it frame etc. it had what appeared to be a wasted blue and white paint scheme that wasn't original as I found clues to the original red in the BB. Then a very cool CABE member sent me a ton of pictures of an Identical bike he had just sold in the original red. See below.

4859265790_d8907ed9fc_z-1.jpg

So I can't claim ignorance regarding its original paint scheme and in all honesty, my first impulse was to restore it to the original. Unfortunately, I just didn't like it for lack of a better excuse. So I've managed to put together the a very similar parts mix (with the exception of the wheels) right down to the chain ring. While acknowledging that I've taken quite a few liberties with the build I've also tried to keep it reasonably close to it's roots.

This is going to be a really fun bike I can take out with my kids and just have a ton of fun on without having to worry about it. Best kind of build!

Cheers!

Tim

Finally got it about 95% for the way there. Couldn't resist a picture of the two siblings.

5232480377_522a1142ce_z-1.jpg

5232481007_1b0906e348_b-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very impressive. Looks great with the brown saddle. Inspiring to see the creative, clean, sharp & stylish work you've done. Bravo.

Very impressive. Looks great with the brown saddle. Inspiring to see the creative, clean, sharp & stylish work you've done. Bravo.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I'm definitely going to enjoy taking this one out. Thanks again for the complement.

Tim

Back