When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Columbia sold from under me murder?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
If a buyer calls me the night before I would hold off the next day and wait. If a buyer calls me on a Tuesday and says he can pick up on Saturday I just tell them, call me Friday night or Saturday to see if I still have it. I can't count the times I have held off selling a bike that the buyer never showed up.

I messaged the seller at 9 o’clock last night asking for a price of the blue Columbia he said 375 it’s yours I said OK I can come after work tomorrow I will be there around five he said OK fast forward to today and I ask for the address he tells me he sold the bikes and ““ I know how it is first one there with the money I explain to him that we already had a deal and time to pick it up he says there are other bikes here you can buy I told him I wouldn’t risk somebody else buying them before I got there have a wonderful day.

but inside I want to choke him

View attachment 1461201
I understand and feel your pain. If I've learned one thing about buying in the last two years, I see the ad I contact them I immediately get in my truck and go buy it.

I have had it happen to me but it doesn't bother me too much as long as I still have my cash in my pocket. I also had a craigslist seller agree to hold a bike after the phone deal is made and then take down the add which is usually a red flag...I called after work to make sure he still had it and let him know I was on my way and he said of course, we have a deal...there are good and bad people out there and what goes around, comes around...

I had a bike listed on CL a few months back for $1,300 thinking in my mind I might take $1,000 if I saw the cash. Guy e mails me and says if I can come right now I'll give you $500 cash. ( I don't list my address or phone number in my ads ) I thought about responding with " OK come and get it and making up some address to send him. I just didn't respond.

I had a bike listed on CL a few months back for $1,300 thinking in my mind I might take $1,000 if I saw the cash. Guy e mails me and says if I can come right now I'll give you $500 cash. ( I don't list my address or phone number in my ads ) I thought about responding with " OK come and get it and making up some address to send him. I just didn't respond.
Some Craigslist buyers always make me think about the same choice in a respond. Flip a coin. Not going to be a sale.
Not sure why they think "pay in cash" would make a difference. Craigslist should automatically be cash

Back