When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Pig

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MULE SKINNER

Look Ma, No Hands!
Here are some pics of my absolute favorite ride.I thought it to be a '63 but now I'm confused as I have seen a couple of different lists that say it's a '58 or '59.Any help on the serial number would be appreciated (H819860).It was slightly different when I got it.I had a set of fenders but they were roached to hell so I pulled them off.It looked like someone had nearly "ran" it over and stopped just short of killing it.The forks were warped and the LH crank arm was bent but I had a 26" girls bike that had a broken and badly repaired frame that had all the parts I needed to bring it back to life.The frame wasn't damaged or bent so that was a plus.I put some aftermarket (non Schwinn) parts on it but kept all the original stuff for later.It has a "creeper" drive train (28 X 19) and will cruise over anything.I really dig this little bike and have put a ton of miles on it since I got it all back together.I gave $40 for the bike originally,$9 for the donor girls bike plus about $60 in other parts.All in all,I don't think I could have spent $109 in any other way that would still be bringing me the pleasure that this rolling trash heap does.

DSC02389.JPG

DSC02395.JPG

DSC02392.JPG

Hmmm, well, the first year for that Schwinn top tube script was 1959. The first year for that smaller 3.25" head badge was 1961. I see the serial number as H31XXXX, August 1963. Gestation period about a month at the earliest, Pigs maybe a little longer. lol
Glad you're enjoying it!

Back