When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird, any info on it would be helpful.

-
So you're saying that you put in a sealed bid for more than that?
Yes he did. Something fishy was going on. I'm thinking someone came in after the 3pm deadline and grabbed it knowing what the high bid was or it was taken back by the family and estate selling and will be listed on ebay or somewhere soon.

The plot continues to thicken!
Good question about the black vs red paint too...interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure why everyone is surprised. Anytime a previously unknown blue chip bike gets discovered and comes up for sale on the cheap, tons of people in the know will make sure "they" get it by offering more money and basically tipping off the sellers/auction house to its real value.

There is way to many outside forces and shenanigans that go on after that, basically cut throat business on sealed bids.

I wish they would have just been straight up and said what the truth was whether they were going to pull the bike and sell it through another venue or whatever. Don't jerk people around and waste their time. My 2c. V/r Shawn

I wish they would have just been straight up and said what the truth was whether they were going to pull the bike and sell it through another venue or whatever. Don't jerk people around and waste their time. My 2c. V/r Shawn

Agreed,
a sealed bid was the first tip off of possible dishonest practices to follow. Not saying that all sealed bid type auctions are like this but it certainly appears that may have been the case on this auction ?

Back