When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird fork - repairable or no?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barracuda

I live for the CABE
Catfish offered this elgin fork for sale several times now. It looks pretty bad. Is it possible to do anything with it? Is there someone who can make this a real fork again? Or is it just one of those "broken forever but too rare to throw away" items I'm sure many people have hanging around?

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?41223-For-Sale-!!!-Elgin-Bluebird

bbird.jpg

I hope this this question isn't out of line, no disrespect intended, but I could really use the fork for a Skylark project. I've been idly looking for one for about ten years or so.

Bet JOHN

could fix it! Consider it a challenge to improve your ironworking skills!

anything can be fixed with time and money, the problem would be if its stable to ride on I would say NO.

Nick.

I think the thing to do would be cut off the lower sections, and weld them on to another Westfield fork.

What I want to know is what the hell happened to this thing?!?!? How could any bluebird piece end up so mutilated? I'd say its value is more as a conversation piece, but if the crown and legs are the same as a typical westfield fork then its a relatively easy fix.

I considered trying to trade something for it but Catfish has everything already. Plus making the rest of the bike would be a challenge.

I considered trying to trade something for it but Catfish has everything already. Plus making the rest of the bike would be a challenge.

John, That's not true. There are a few things I don't have....... Just a few.

Catfish

I would bring that to someone who builds quality bicycle frames. You don't want just a shop welder; that's going to take a more delicate and careful touch. A guy who builds/repairs good quality, steel bicycle frames may be able to help you.

Back