When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird got its door back today!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
OAuth Error:2001

z

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well after all these years the original Bluebird door came back to this bike from Kreal today... I'm Amazed at the transformation the original door has done to this bicycle. It added a new chapter to this bike... I'm really happy to have it back...im so glad he didnt restore it and for me resisting the temptation of not restoring or selling it 🙂

... it just came out fantastic I want to thank him a lot for contacting me and sending it safely.. great to deal with...

Well after all these years the original Bluebird door came back to this bike from Kreal today... I'm Amazed at the transformation the original door has done to this bicycle. It added a new chapter to this bike... I'm really happy to have it back...im so glad he didnt restore it and for me resisting the temptation of not restoring or selling it 🙂View attachment 1496004

View attachment 1496005

View attachment 1496006

View attachment 1496007

... it just came out fantastic I want to thank him a lot for contacting me and sending it safely.. great to deal with...
Beautiful and agree with all you just said, I have never seen that door with that bike in all the years I have seen it pass hands. I also remember the Canadians put a pint of beer in where the speedo is when it was empty on a post Iron Ranch Swap ride. Ha! that was fun!

Well after all these years the original Bluebird door came back to this bike from Kreal today... I'm Amazed at the transformation the original door has done to this bicycle. It added a new chapter to this bike... I'm really happy to have it back...im so glad he didnt restore it and for me resisting the temptation of not restoring or selling it 🙂View attachment 1496004

View attachment 1496005

View attachment 1496006

View attachment 1496007

I am so glad I was able to reunite it to the bike ! I one day hope to find the old photos of your bike and the red one I have side by side. Stay tuned !!

So, what's the story behind the missing door. I don't ever recall seeing a Bluebird at the Ranch. We need a picture of the whole bike. Have fun!
Shawn

Story on the door. After I originally purchased the bike from its original owner , i sold it years ago. Many years later the family called me to ask if I’d be interested in buying the red bluebird that was bought the same day by the blue ones best friend (two best friends each bought a bluebird the same day from same Montgomery wards store,) both boys grew up and apart. Many years after I sold the blue one the family gave me the number of the family with the red one and when I showed up to buy it they had an extra door that was for the blue one. I couldn’t find out who owned it and was told someone restored it like new I since acquired three others and needed door for two of them but always held back on repainting this door as it was important to me to one day try to pair it with the bike even though I had heard it was restored. Come to find out the bike is still left in original finish ! I was able to contact redline and now the door is rightfully where it needed to be. Happy situation for all involved. If one day I go to sell the red one I will contact you redline as the pair would really be stunning together. Somewhere I have photos of both bikes together I will make
Copies for you. I’m so glad to help keep history alive with your bike !

Back