When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird - Market Value of Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A Strucel, Bob Rose, Dave Stromberger, a Verzaal, Chuck Rosa, restored bike will be a good investment in the future.
With all due respect to the 'restorers' mentioned, you're kidding yourself if you think any restored bicycle will be a good investment. Nice original unrestored examples will likely hold their value, but if you're looking at any of this as an investment, good luck to you and/or your heirs.

Not singling you out here, but it seems like thread after thread these days bashes the younger folks. Not sure where you take your sample data from, but my wife and I have 4 kids, 26-31 years old. They all have and continue to work hard and take on whatever challenge life brings their way. Same is true for a vast majority of their friends. Would love to debate. but I'm in Germany with my daughter and son in law who are both active duty, stationed at Ramstein. Hoping at least 1 of them isn't too lazy to get me back to Frankfort for my flight home tomorrow. I need to catch up on my sleep. Gets loud around here with all the C17's full of dedicated young people flying over at all hours of the day and night.
I also have 2 kids, Son 30, Daughter 23 who have a good work ethic and generally have respect for others and live by the golden rule. ( for those who don't know, it's "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"/treat people how you want to be treated).

I don't think it's fair to paint all young people with the same brush, but "entitled" is a word that rolls off my tongue pretty easy when I see and hear about a large percentage of ( well over 1/2) of today's youth/adolescents. The thing is, often it is the result of a lazy parent/s. It's easier to say "yes" than "no". It snowballs pretty quick.

Many parents ( yes well over 1/2) want to be loved and be a best friend and match the privileges of our kids peers. Another slippery slope. Discipline ( tough love) is generally not popular as a "modern parent." It's a reflection on a weaker society and overly "politically correct" in my humble opinion. No more failure, everyone passes. Pussy foot around it and will "go away". My late Father ( died at 93 last June) used to say "take the bull by the horns" among other old school cliches. "Guts and gumption" were common words, "grin and bear it", "buckle down", privilege was earned/not handed out. Now it's "close your eyes and run" or don't lift your head from your cell phone!!Take these pills and it will go away!!

Example: I live a block from my old high school ( Class of grads '75) and the "kids" park on our street ( school lot is full) as the majority of the 16-18 year old drive fancy cars or SUV's. When I attended that high school in the 70's there were less than a dozen kids who drove a car to school ( totally urban area). We walked or took public transit. These kids are driving Mercedes, Land Rovers, BMW's, Audi's etc. and often dump their McDonald's/Burger King garbage on our lawns. ( Yes, I have phoned over to the school, many times)

We live on a quiet Crescent, no sidewalks, curved with a speed limit of 30 mph ( too fast for the conditions) and many of them roar down the street with no respect for pedestrians or limits. They are spoiled. "Entitled". I think being your child's best friend is admirable, but not by selling your soul. In the end mutual respect is worth the short term pain, for long term gain. Sometimes children need to grow up ( or have their own kids) to deeply love and appreciate the parents and rules/discipline they resented so much. I think many of today's kids just need a good "kick in the pants".

Never stopped me? Ha!! That "thinking" stuff is overrated.
Maybe an administrator could move comment #29, #30, and my #68 as it is kinda off topic, ( new thread?) but does tie in with value in todays market and future value for new collectors. Point is, many things of value are "handed out" to the newer generation without sacrifice of any work or thought of historical significance. Free rides are quickly forgotten.

Back