When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird on Ebay opinion

-

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hi, Lets say a Caber wanted to buy this bike. Lets get an opinion please. Is that cracking ( paint) on the main frame tube a concern? Should a non expert ( like myself) bid? Value? Looks like 0 feedback and 8 F/B are leading the pack. Shill? Thanks. Decisions. I'd PM Shawn, but he doesn't PM. Thanks, Bob

i think you should just buy it. if you get burned, ol well.... you learned something
[/QUOTE
I love your humour. It's what we need. Burn baby burn.

stock-vector-devil-boy-with-flame-as-a-background-134528135.jpg

I guess this bike has been the subject of debate for a while . Current high bidder has ZERO Feedback . Strange stuff with description and stopping auction early recently ? It seems shady . I would be leary to pop for this $$ amount with this kinda history. ALSO ..............what's with the note at the end of description " Razway3107 High Bidder can send me a message " and YES , he states " I Reserve the right to end the auction early " Is he just dangling a Carrot ? or Simply playing games ? I'd stay away .:confused:

Just for fun..............https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patent-Print-Elgin-Bluebird-Bicycle-1940-Art-Print-Ready-To-Be-Framed/172040258695?hash=item280e660487:g:JTcAAOSwxYxUv9PX ;)

Last edited:
If you bought it would you ride it?

This has me concerned, looks more involved than just some paint cracking. But is sure is a purdy bird.

View attachment 1100090

I agree, perhaps Shawn can offer his opinion? Frankly, I find that crack disturbing as well, but I'm not an "expert". As a "layman"/Rube/common clown, yet know a boys bike from a girls? ( car, bike, motorcycle, vintage boat/toy, vintage guitar/amp, outboard motor, sign/advertising collector for 35+ years) I'd say frame/ body filler failure cracks. If it's been ridden hard, ok...kinda but " Mission Control, we have a problem"? Lotsa bondo and what lies beneath? Lets get more opinions so no one gets "burned", especially me if I have the urge after checking with the Cabe .Out of my budget. I'm still looking for one hanging in front of a store! Ha!! Bob

Last edited:
Back