When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird on Ebay opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hi, Lets say a Caber wanted to buy this bike. Lets get an opinion please. Is that cracking ( paint) on the main frame tube a concern? Should a non expert ( like myself) bid? Value? Looks like 0 feedback and 8 F/B are leading the pack. Shill? Thanks. Decisions. I'd PM Shawn, but he doesn't PM. Thanks, Bob

i think you should just buy it. if you get burned, ol well.... you learned something
[/QUOTE
I love your humour. It's what we need. Burn baby burn.

stock-vector-devil-boy-with-flame-as-a-background-134528135.jpg

I guess this bike has been the subject of debate for a while . Current high bidder has ZERO Feedback . Strange stuff with description and stopping auction early recently ? It seems shady . I would be leary to pop for this $$ amount with this kinda history. ALSO ..............what's with the note at the end of description " Razway3107 High Bidder can send me a message " and YES , he states " I Reserve the right to end the auction early " Is he just dangling a Carrot ? or Simply playing games ? I'd stay away .:confused:

Just for fun..............https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patent-Print-Elgin-Bluebird-Bicycle-1940-Art-Print-Ready-To-Be-Framed/172040258695?hash=item280e660487:g:JTcAAOSwxYxUv9PX ;)

Last edited:
If you bought it would you ride it?

This has me concerned, looks more involved than just some paint cracking. But is sure is a purdy bird.

View attachment 1100090

I agree, perhaps Shawn can offer his opinion? Frankly, I find that crack disturbing as well, but I'm not an "expert". As a "layman"/Rube/common clown, yet know a boys bike from a girls? ( car, bike, motorcycle, vintage boat/toy, vintage guitar/amp, outboard motor, sign/advertising collector for 35+ years) I'd say frame/ body filler failure cracks. If it's been ridden hard, ok...kinda but " Mission Control, we have a problem"? Lotsa bondo and what lies beneath? Lets get more opinions so no one gets "burned", especially me if I have the urge after checking with the Cabe .Out of my budget. I'm still looking for one hanging in front of a store! Ha!! Bob

Last edited:
Back