eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

morton

I live for the CABE
Nov 9, 2007
York, United States
I'll catch it in one of the two or three hundred reruns they do of each show.......not!! :p I used to watch it but the format is staler than 2 week old bread even on a rare occasion when they actually air a non-repeat show. 2 guys pretend to drive around the country call home and woman tells them where to go. They go to facility with thousands of saleable items and buy two or three "things" the profits of which are supposed to pay for salaries, gas, lodging, food, and overhead/taxes for 2 locations. Owners of the facility are ecstatic because the boys bought a few things that didn't make even a miniature dent in their blimp hanger size facility filled with stuff and eagerly await their return. Boooooooooooooooring!

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
I'll catch it in one of the two or three hundred reruns they do of each show.......not!! :p I used to watch it but the format is staler than 2 week old bread even on a rare occasion when they actually air a non-repeat show. 2 guys pretend to drive around the country call home and woman tells them where to go. They go to facility with thousands of saleable items and buy two or three "things" the profits of which are supposed to pay for salaries, gas, lodging, food, and overhead/taxes for 2 locations. Owners of the facility are ecstatic because the boys bought a few things that didn't make even a miniature dent in their blimp hanger size facility filled with stuff and eagerly await their return. Boooooooooooooooring!
AMEN brother!!!!!

halfatruck

I live for the CABE
Aug 4, 2007
Arlington, United States
I've seen it before too, they must be using it as a backdrop for some of the episodes

Reactions: Nashman

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
Yeah, but it’s like that car wreck on the side of the road, that you just spent the last 45 minutes inching your way toward.
You complain about the bumper to bumper traffic, until it’s your turn to drive by, and you tap the brake ever so slightly and turn your head so that you can see the carnage.
There’s this little primal trigger mechanism that makes you want to see what will happen to you, if you are a dumbass and do something stupid like that loser you just past on the side of the road.
We watch the show, because we can’t help it.
My wife thinks it’s stupid, and worries with good reason, that I’m going to become a hoarder like the people they showcase.
I love it, because I like to live vicariously through other people’s junk.
Sure, maybe you can’t really make a living driving a van around the country buying up old stuff.
But you sure can, if you make a hit TV show about it, that triggers the little primal mechanism that resides in all of us.
You only need to get a fraction of the population to watch it, and your living on easy street.
Besides, it’s certainly better than watching, Dancing with the Stars.
Oh, wait!
That the one, my wife likes, that I think is so stupid. Lol!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

BFGforme

I live for the CABE
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
If you look in the background of the show when they are loading up you usually see piles of stuff they didn't have time to show on the show! I tried to contact them about a 40' trailer of wizzers, emailed called, text emailed again and never did respond! Thought they would be interested in 90 pre-war motorized bikes with another trailer of parts, but never heard back from them! Oh well found someone else to grab them!

49autocycledeluxe

I live for the CABE
May 29, 2017
fremont california
I've only seen that show a couple times since i don't have that fancy cable TV. seems pretty lame from what I've seen.

BFGforme

I live for the CABE
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
They came to a surf mussium by my house and the show showed them buying 3 vintage surfboards! Later I talked to guy that runs the place and he said not fake actually bought 25 boards from them and paid good money for them.... just saying

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2010
4900 New Kent Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
I don't know what you consider fake as there are actual transactions that take place, but yes, there is scouting and planning before and in a place I pick at here in VA, they sent in folks to buy more after. It's just not as spontaneous and real time as it appears.
You get to learn about cool old stuff in return, what's the harm?
My issue is all the greatest hits/theme episodes clogging my DVR and determining the real shows from watching segments I've seen before.
That's why I don't keep up with it like I used to, so if the Producers think they can make more advertising dollars with more overall episodes/air time, you ain't reaching me.
Chris

stoney

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 19, 2013
Fuquay Varina, NC, United States
Like Shawn said it's entertainment. You have to take it as that. There is so much wrong with the show. I watch it to see the peoples hoards/collections. The main course of the show is BS. They complain prices are high and people want a lot of money for their stuff, WELL, what do they expect they drove the prices up to the heavens. I would like to know who is backing them. You can't take any of the show as gospel.

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 26, 2017
Lansing, MI, United States
I like the show and have learned from it. There are still treasures to be found out there. The downside is that now your average Jo or Jane thinks that their 1970 Sears Free Spirit is worth top money and are trying to sell $100 bikes for $300. I think it's fun to see some of the cool items that family's have inherited get a new life.
Edit: in addition, I love seeing the old bikes on there and I will watch for that BB

Last edited:
Reactions: Bajaway
This ad goes away when you register for an account!