When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird on pickers tonight

-
If you look in the background of the show when they are loading up you usually see piles of stuff they didn't have time to show on the show! I tried to contact them about a 40' trailer of wizzers, emailed called, text emailed again and never did respond! Thought they would be interested in 90 pre-war motorized bikes with another trailer of parts, but never heard back from them! Oh well found someone else to grab them!

They came to a surf mussium by my house and the show showed them buying 3 vintage surfboards! Later I talked to guy that runs the place and he said not fake actually bought 25 boards from them and paid good money for them.... just saying

I don't know what you consider fake as there are actual transactions that take place, but yes, there is scouting and planning before and in a place I pick at here in VA, they sent in folks to buy more after. It's just not as spontaneous and real time as it appears.
You get to learn about cool old stuff in return, what's the harm?
My issue is all the greatest hits/theme episodes clogging my DVR and determining the real shows from watching segments I've seen before.
That's why I don't keep up with it like I used to, so if the Producers think they can make more advertising dollars with more overall episodes/air time, you ain't reaching me.
Chris

Like Shawn said it's entertainment. You have to take it as that. There is so much wrong with the show. I watch it to see the peoples hoards/collections. The main course of the show is BS. They complain prices are high and people want a lot of money for their stuff, WELL, what do they expect they drove the prices up to the heavens. I would like to know who is backing them. You can't take any of the show as gospel.

I like the show and have learned from it. There are still treasures to be found out there. The downside is that now your average Jo or Jane thinks that their 1970 Sears Free Spirit is worth top money and are trying to sell $100 bikes for $300. I think it's fun to see some of the cool items that family's have inherited get a new life.
Edit: in addition, I love seeing the old bikes on there and I will watch for that BB

Last edited:
Back