When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird Technical Discussion 1935-1937

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is my bluebird project. I need help trying to identify my bird serial number. I see "A26761" but maybe i'm wrong.

View attachment 1195155

View attachment 1195156
Here are more pictures

6A281C34-FDB6-4D2B-B443-A770B1FF6F26.jpeg

9AC493FA-8392-4BF9-959D-96E042659539.jpeg

C3FE0045-670A-4D5C-9628-AA3FD5F5C9DD.jpeg

5B8EA5EB-6D09-49EB-9034-7A12725B0297.jpeg

Ok here is the tank door on my original 1935 bike. Notice the recess the knob sits in and the locating tabs underneath. I'd be interested to see other original doors especially from other years to see if they changed it up. V/r Shawn

Hi Shawn. I have this door but it’s missing the knob. I think this door is similar as yours. My bluebird is a 1936 but I don’t know if this door is correct for the bicycle. Is not going to be easy to find a knob like yours.

Regards, Rudy

image.jpg

image.jpg

Adding to this informative thread, with more info.. and even more to come. There's LOTS more that can be discussed here.. let's see what unique stuff you can share about Bluebirds!

Here's a "bent" New Departure Model D brake arm. Bent to clear the speedo basket on a '35.
Has anyone else seen a brake arm bent to clear on a Bluebird? I am unsure if this is a factory thing, of if it's actually just bent! The reason for my confusion is that I vaguely recall having seen one like this before, but if I put a normal brake arm on the hub with the basket attached, it just BARELY clears... it would work.

Back