When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird Technical Discussion 1935-1937

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My intent for the thread was to inform and educate. There are a lot of bikes I will never own but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn about them. Unfortunately many of these threads become cluttered with stuff that does not contribute to the body of knowledge. Let's try to keep this one on track so that it can serve as a reference for those that want to study and learn about these beautiful bikes. V/r Shawn

My latest acquisition is another 1935. This one is restored. It does have the 'blob' welds underneath the tank and no alemite fittings. The serial # is N127493. V/r Shawn

DSC_0390 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0383 - Copy.JPG

I just noticed that I haven't seen many original dark gray early Bluebirds. If I'm not mistaken, it was a one year only color in 1937. Do you guys have any insight on this?

Correct one year only. There is a member here who has an outstanding original example in that color. I have seen at least one other pretty nice one as well and have a friend with a Strucel restored gray bird that is gorgeous. V/r Shawn

I'll post some photos up tonight of the tank door on my original bird. The question was brought up by Cliff M. whether maybe there aren't two styles of doors on these. My original bird has a recess where the knob sits. My restored bird has a repo door but there is no recess. Does anyone have an original door that is just flat under the knob? It seem virtually every restored bike I've seen does not have the recess. I suspect this is because they are all repos. Because the door was not attached via a hinge or any other means it seems many of the original doors are lost to time. Thoughts? V/r Shawn

In regards to the door
I believe the nob is back from the edge more on the 35 models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everyone! I'm going to scour this page but i want to ask you bluebird buffs, do any of your early bluebirds (pre '38) have markings on it indicating made in USA? Im working on getting one through customs and the two ways to prove it was made here and to avoid paying duties, i need to show a marking on the bike saying made in USA, or have a legal document from the manufacturer. Im working on contacting sears and trying to get ahold of archives. but if these bikes have a stamp, some pictures of the whole bike and a stamp, to compare mine too, would be worth a shot to me! thanks in advance i will appreciate any and all help i get.

@Robertriley
@Joe Buffardi
@Freqman1
@bikewhorder
@npence

Last edited:
Back