When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird Technical Discussion 1935-1937

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree shawn i dont think its going to have the decal on marcs/mine. Thanks for the year. I still havent heard from him. I hope that he hasnt preemptively put it on a boat or im in trouble :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Amanda, congrats! I have had stuff shipped to the Netherlands, cars and motorcycles. I have used California Shipping They ship to Rotterdam Netherlands. If you call them they may be able to find you another business to get your bike to California from Switzerland. Its a slow boat but its worth it. California shipping is in Stanton Ca. 714-590-1999.

Thanks for the tip joe!! Marc and i seemed to have gotten a solid plan together but ill call them if we get stuck

Thanks im super excited!

I feel like Wayne and garth, im not worthy!

My restored 37 bb seems to have lost its badge during shipping. Can anyone pt me to one i can buy? Im looking too!!

IMG_3721.JPG

1937 og color. 1937 "B" serial number. But also a 1935 "N" serial number? And a "B11" any thoughts?

View attachment 708341
1937 og color. 1937 "B" serial number. But also a 1935 "N" serial number? And a "B11" any thoughts?
Steve look at post 26--Chris' red BB. It, too, has a dual set of numbers. Pure conjecture on my part but it certainly looks like Westfield used some leftover frames and re-stamped them. I think the "B11" may represent Bluebird and month as you see this on all three years. I haven't seen a number higher than 12 yet. V/r Shawn

Wheel question on 35 bluebirds vs. later years. Did only the 35 have triple step wheels and the later years have the more basic wheel. Thx Andy

Wheel question on 35 bluebirds vs. later years. Did only the 35 have triple step wheels and the later years have the more basic wheel. Thx Andy
I think so, but by no means definitive.
The rim profile for the 36&37 model Elgin Bluebird, used the same Type that was used on the Schwinn Aerocycle.

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the same question. Here are few original bluebirds with the earlier triple-step profile...
The red ones I think are ‘36 and the blue is maybe a ‘37?

DB90FB95-F909-462E-BF1E-16EED4AF766A.png
721C41DC-83B9-4724-A200-FF15F5AC4B0D.png
45877A9D-A88B-4B25-B14C-459949FCAEB4.png
310B41E7-521B-4EAA-9D4F-B506BBF92208.jpeg

Back