When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluemels Fender Stays (braces)

-

Vicious Cycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am looking for a set or several sets of Bluemels Fender Stays, They are the 3mm rods with a loop on one end, not the newer type with plastic ends. Please PM me if you can help. I could also use the later type "V" Stays that are all metal. Thanks

David

Last edited:
Would the old ESGE struts work? There is a set on ebay as of 05/17/22. With a bending tool they are not hard to make yourself.
esge struts.jpg

David, I have my Bluemels fenders from 1974 if you need anything measured or photographed on them.

I think the ESGE type are too short, The Bluemels attachment is much closer to the outside edge of the fender.

I might have some but won't have time to check today. I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

Here is what I have. A set of Esge with a small packet of hardware. From the center of the eyelet to the tip is approximately 13 3/4 inches. I also have a number of the continous loop ones. A pair of black, some chrome and some cad plated.

I got mine down and took some photos and measurements for you. Front ones were 13.5" center to tip. Rear were 13.75". More next post.

tempImageVE8fwK.png

tempImagePrnmqB.png

tempImageo4d1Tx.png

It would be very easy to fabricate these if you have a way to make the end circular bend.

IMG_4244.jpeg

IMG_4243.jpeg

IMG_4242.jpeg

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

Back