When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blundered onto two bikes

-
T

Ted

A friend was cleaning out his mother's house and found 2 bikes that had been stored there for many years. Supposedly both were sold to a relative in 1941 at a Western Auto store. One is a ladies The World Schwinn with a serial number of H89804. The men's bike is more of a problem. The headbadge is gone, and I cannot find any make or model markings on the frame. It has a serial number on the bottom bracket shell, but the numbers/letters are a bit crude like they were hammered on by hand. As best as I can tell they are HJJ, and then below that 3186. The bike is a one speed coaster brake with new departure hubs front and rear. It has what I believe is called a skip link chain, and the saddle has what looks to be HOBDALE embossed on it. It has Firestone High Speed 2.125 tires on it.

Does anyone have a clue what this men's bike could be? Would anyone be intrested in these bikes?

I will try to find the camera to take some pictures, but until then, what do you think.

were are the bikes located?shoot me some photos of the bikes.I am interested in any prewar bikes

the seat is most likely a Lobdell and I suppose the bike could be a Huffman made Firestone. the placement of the serial and the tires are the basis of this guess. I have almost all the Firestone catalogs from the '30's and '40's we can check it out, photos would make it easier.
Scott:cool:

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow. Too dark to try right now.

First Try

Here's pictures of the Schwinn. This is my first try to post pictures to this board, so we'll see how it turns out.

Not Seeing Pictures

I guess I did something wrong. I'll try again.

Attachments

• 100_9192small.JPG
    100_9192small.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 157
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll see if that will work for me.:)

Back