When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book on history of mountain biking

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mtnbikeman

Finally riding a big boys bike
FTF_96dpi_400pw_str1.jpg

http://www.velopress.com/books/fat-tire-flyer/

I was looking at images of klunkers because I am thinking of putting one together and came accross this book. I got excited and ordered it from amazon. Has anyone read this. I will give an update after I get it.

Well That's Charlie Kelly,riding down repack and the auther of the book.Just saw him yesterday here in town.Have not read his book yet.There is a film called KLUNKERS that my good buddy Billy Savage years back,that gives you a idea who were the founding pioneers of mountain biking.If you cant find one I believe I can get you one.Also check out THE MARIN MOUNTAIN BIKE MUSEUM website.Very informative.Get back to me and Ill find you a copy of Klunkers.Its worth the watch
ALL THE BEST RUDY C FAIRFAX CALIF

Charlie Kelly is a hero, and his website is a great resource for klunker history, so I assume the book is great too. He certainly built some great bikes, too. Find that DVD of the film KLUNKERS if you have not seen it and you will stoked for life on Klunkers.

Ya I'm pretty stoked. Here's the start of my klunker.
IMG_8114.JPG

The weather has been too bad lately but I can't wait for my wife to shuttle me up the hill to our local trails. It will be interesting to ride the coaster brakes. The book is really cool although I mostly find myself looking at all the bikes in the pictures.

The Mountain Bike Museum in Marin CA sold me an autographed copy (signed by Chuck Kelly, Joe Breeze, and another MB pioneer whose name escapes me- gave it to my son for Christmas). I was in San Francisco a couple of months ago and swung by the museum. None other than Joe Breeze was there, giving tours and talking history. What a great museum, and meeting Joe was a real treat! Strongly recommend a stop if you're anywhere close. Here's a link: http://mmbhof.org/

Back