When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books needed for paper on Ignaz Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
Hello all,
As I am finishing my college experience, I am going to be writing a capstone paper about Ignaz Schwinn for my German Studies minor. It'll be a paper about 20 pages in length and might aid a small portion of a local German cultural center's museum. Does anyone have any book recommendations about Ignaz Schwinn or early Schwinn history? Or any other primary sources for that matter? I would be interested in borrowing/purchasing a copy of "50 years of Schwinn built bicycles," and can meet in Chicago if needed.
Thanks,
Cooper.

Hello all,
As I am finishing my college experience, I am going to be writing a capstone paper about Ignaz Schwinn for my German Studies minor. It'll be a paper about 20 pages in length and might aid a small portion of a local German cultural center's museum. Does anyone have any book recommendations about Ignaz Schwinn or early Schwinn history? Or any other primary sources for that matter? I would be interested in borrowing/purchasing a copy of "50 years of Schwinn built bicycles," and can meet in Chicago if needed.
Thanks,
Cooper.
Cooper,
The 50 years of Schwinn book would be my first reference book advice. It was written in 1945, so it's about the actual Schwinn history that happened during Ignaz's time period. You really need to find a copy of the 50 year book, IMO. This book was written by the Schwinn Family to tell their version of how they built their respected brand.

The No Hands book was written about the entire history period we call Schwinn Chicago. It covers roughly 97 years or twice the period. Most of the No Hands book is about trying to answer the big questions about how a large brand like Schwinn would fail after 97 years. Ignaz had very little to do with what eventually happened to the company he started. I would advise you to read the No Hands book, but it's all secondhand information. The family did not contribute much directly to the No Hands book, it was a very difficult period for the family.

I have both books. I cannot let them out of my collection. If you are not able to scrounge up a copy of the 50 year book, please get back to me and we will work something out. My copy is "brand new, still in the original box" and "family signed", I would prefer to not bend it back, crack it all the way open to make photo copies.

I would like to support your class paper anyway I can.

John Palmer

Here's possibly the best deal in town. A little tattered and I don't know what the missing 2 pages were about. Free shipping!

Here's possibly the best deal in town. A little tattered and I don't know what the missing 2 pages were about. Free shipping!

Thats a smoking deal, GTs58! Good eye.

Cooper, here's my deal. You buy the book on Ebay, tell me the page number of any missing or damaged page, and I will copy and send you any pages you need to complete your reference book, at no cost to you.

Just consider it a small "pay it forward" from an old Schwinn guy. Someone here on the CABE, has already "paid it forward to me", so I owe someone something in return.

John

The 50 Years book is more of a tribute by Frank W. to his father. The “No Hands” book only offers a rehash of the early history. I’m sure you require more than one source for your paper and finding enough to get 20 pages just on Ignaz will be tough. A paper that deals with the founding of the company would be a better approach in my opinion. Adolph Arnold who bankrolled the founding was also a German immigrant so this may give you more material to work from. Good luck on your paper.

50 years and ride and fall are on their way now. Any other good sources will be appreciated. I might roll into talking about schwinn as an employer (of German-Americans because of the topic of the minor) and also maybe stuff about Adolph Arnold

This is actually the best book that’s been done on Ignaz Schwinn.
It was originally only released in German text, but it has recently been translated in English.
9BED7A07-87A2-40BD-BD1C-7D6472746608.jpeg

56077A4F-E6D1-4948-BBEA-460D12035D9E.jpeg

65858AB6-3E21-426C-8A39-ED2510E9A5F7.jpeg

It’s primary focus is on the manufacture of their Motorcycles, but no discussion of Arnold, Schwinn & Company would be complete without a comprehensive discussion of their bicycle business.

Back