When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books needed for paper on Ignaz Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Having both books I think it will be tough to get more than a page or two of good material out of them. I'd probably broaden the scope here and go along the lines of two German immigrants coming together to form a globally recognized company that included the production of both bicycles and being a part of the big three of motorcycle manufacturing (Excelsior). I'd probably end with Schwinn being recognized for supporting the war effort (talk about irony) and the death of Ignaz. Having three masters degrees I've probably written more research papers than any one person should have too. Good luck with your effort.

Having both books I think it will be tough to get more than a page or two of good material out of them. I'd probably broaden the scope here and go along the lines of two German immigrants coming together to form a globally recognized company that included the production of both bicycles and being a part of the big three of motorcycle manufacturing (Excelsior). I'd probably end with Schwinn being recognized for supporting the war effort (talk about irony) and the death of Ignaz. Having three masters degrees I've probably written more research papers than any one person should have too. Good luck with your effort.
I’d love to read some

I just got my copy of 50 years of schwinn, and I’m surprised how many times of seen snippets of the book before. I’m wondering how there isn’t a complete scan of it online

I just got my copy of 50 years of schwinn, and I’m surprised how many times of seen snippets of the book before. I’m wondering how there isn’t a complete scan of it online
You’ll find even less on Ignaz in “No Hands”

I contacted Richard Schwinn a few years back regarding a piece of ephemera I had purchased. It was a two page leaflet that was printed for Major Taylor's reinterment and memorial in 1948. His exhumation and the bronze plaque over his grave was paid for by Frank Schwinn. I was interested in finding out what the relationship was between Taylor and the Schwinn family. Richard told me that there was a fire at Schwinn in '48 that destroyed a lot of records that were kept there including most of Frank's correspondence. I assume that this would include info about Ignaz and the early days of Schwinn. It's very unfortunate.

The reason is that No Hands has almost nothing to do with Ignaz Schwinn.

It was written to answer the question about how an almost 100 year old Icon company ended up in bankruptcy.

John
Which is why I was surprised the OP mentioned this as source material for his paper.

Back