When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boren Latonia cleanup

-
Did a little wrenching this morning and finished removing the bottom end. A couple of Interesting observations, brake arm bracket is just Sheet Metal bent over on itself with a thru hole and no Master link. I possibly missed it due to lack of caffeine at that point. I wonder if these are Borman cost saving measures?

C5F5144F-169E-41CF-9C5A-471AAF76C0A7.jpeg

DD270D4E-9649-4EC4-9348-F350A7E1CAE3.jpeg

Did a little wrenching this morning and finished removing the bottom end. A couple of Interesting observations, brake arm bracket is just Sheet Metal bent over on itself with a thru hole and no Master link. I possibly missed it due to lack of caffeine at that point. I wonder if these are Borman cost saving measures?

View attachment 1693099

View attachment 1693100
It’s looking good! That would be interesting if that coaster brake strap was factory. They are so cheap that it shouldn’t effect it. Maybe an old repair?

It’s looking good! That would be interesting if that coaster brake strap was factory. They are so cheap that it shouldn’t effect it. Maybe an old repair?
The price difference for straps in todays manufacturing vs. in the 40s is very different. I would assume, the main cost of a strap then was manufacturing of the Strap and not the cost of metal. In todays market, the main cost would be the metal. Im thinking the strap that is on the bike would be cheaper than a stamped/machined strap back then. Also, Boren bought partial assembeld bikes, did the final assembly and called it their own. I could be way wrong, just a theory. If only these bikes could talk.

The price difference for straps in todays manufacturing vs. in the 40s is very different. I would assume, the main cost of a strap then was manufacturing of the Strap and not the cost of metal. In todays market, the main cost would be the metal. Im thinking the strap that is on the bike would be cheaper than a stamped/machined strap back then. Also, Boren bought partial assembeld bikes, did the final assembly and called it their own. I could be way wrong, just a theory. If only these bikes could talk.
Alright. I really have no idea. I just thought that the straps came with the hubs. It really would be great if these bikes could talk. Then we could really know for sure.

Back