When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bottecchia 10 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Columbus Zeta is a thinwall hi-tensile tubeset which is a definite step up from "gas pipe" in terms of weight and dampening

it is roughly parallel to Z50

the Nuovo Valentino front mech was employed by Campag as a companion for the 980 and 990 model rear mechs as there was no 980 or 990 model front mech

do not have any printed material from Carnielli for this era; would estimate that subject machine is a two up from the base sort of model

the forum had an earlier discussion thread on a similarly kitted Bianchi model 980 ~1982 here -

-----
Thanks again for the information. I spent a bit of the day out in the garage touching ip the paint today ( a very small bit, its 100 out there today! ) the bike is cleaning up well and after very little tinkering is riding beautifully. I think it was very well cared for right up until it was abandoned a few years back. And it did manage to spend those lost years in a dry place, so that helps.

I ride it a bit for the rest of the year and then really go over it during the next winter.

this is my second “trash” bike this year, I’ve also scored a 1977 Panasonic built Centurion Pro Tour, quite literally off the scrap heap at work. Its amazing what people deem trash these days. Its also coming along well...

-----

recent fire at Bottecchia facility -

interesting to note absence of Teodoro Carnielli name

perhaps rights to Bottecchia marque for cycles was sold to another company...

-----

All those Carbon Fibre and resin fumes can't be good for anyone!
A real shame, great bikes.

I had one of these back in the late 1970s. Used it as a long distance bike, took it to Japan with me in 1980. I was in an accident that bent the frame, finally, and had to let it go. It was Italian threaded and decked out with some fairly obscure parts when I got it, not as nice as yours.

Back