When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bottecchia frame n fork

-

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I just got this yesterday from a bike co-op. Any info on this frame would be greatly appreciated. The paint has many chips so I am unsure about whether to make it a rider or paint it and replace the decals and build it up correctly. Tim

EBDF1EA1-549D-4C7E-95D6-077D65ECA833.jpeg

6E6C5BC3-ACF2-42E8-9BFF-586753D96D1C.jpeg

3C1EE2FB-2C83-49BA-BA15-9F83E2CE1FEF.jpeg

-----

ca. 1973

model termed the Professional

ex-works would have been fitted with the Campag Nuovo Record road ensemble

3TTT Record stem and bar set

fork crown is Agrati "BRIANZA" pattern Nr. 000.8038

manufacturer Teodoro Carnielli is one of Italy's largest, offering a full range of wheel goods including juvenile models, practical adult transportation cycles, folders, etc.

cycles are produced under six or eight differing names.

-----

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, do you know what the finished value might be for this bike? Tim

-----

"finished value"

if you mean with all of the period correct original fittings in good nick then seven to nine hundreds

should one begin the process of purchasing individual pieces to build the cycle back up to its original configuration one would quick get "underwater" having invested more than the cycle could be sold for as a complete machine

-----

Last edited:
Yes Juvela been down that road before, usually best to find a parts bike or build it and don’t worry about originality. They were nice looking bikes from the pic you posted in the sales brochure. Tim

I have one, a 1972 Professional I picked up at an estate sale several years back and it has become my favorite long-distance machine. The ride is superb. Fortunately for me all of the bits were there, as well as a lot of dirt and grease that came off to reveal a nice bike. White is fairly easy to match and touch up, yours will look great when all is said and done.

My favorite era for bicycles.
Love the chrome accents on the frame set(fork & stay ends and head lugs)!
I find the blue example in Juvela's catalog page particularly attractive. I'm partial to blue bikes though.

I should post a pic of mine I guess. As you can see this is pretty much the same as yours. Mine is a bit shorter at 60 cm, though photos are deceiving and yours might not be as tall as I think it is.
IMG_20181022_090145.jpg

I replaced the seat tube and top tube decals, those were hammered. The others were okay.

Back