When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bottom bracket noise.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Personally I wouldn’t convert the bottom bracket. Not worth the expense and detracts from the originality of the bike. A lot of us ride these bikes many miles with original components without problems. Unless this is your only bike and you plan on riding a thousand or more miles a year the original type components will work fine and please don’t put a crap repo seat on it. V/r Shawn

Personally I wouldn’t convert the bottom bracket. Not worth the expense and detracts from the originality of the bike. A lot of us ride these bikes many miles with original components without problems. Unless this is your only bike and you plan on riding a thousand or more miles a year the original type components will work fine and please don’t put a crap repo seat on it. V/r Shawn
Whats your point about the seat. He didn't say anything about seat?

I plan to do as little as possible to this bike. I like the OG feel of them, and even though it's not my only one, I think it's worth getting back on the road. Not sure about a seat yet.
Ian

Whats your point about the seat. He didn't say anything about seat?
No worries. I'm gonna leave the seat alone. I did remove a mattress seat when I got it, and put a bare metal longspring that I had on one of my Colsons.

Check to see that the BB cups are seated properly. I didn’t get one seated properly once and the retainer w/ ball bearings wouldn’t spin without a bind.

Reactions: ian
Check to see that the BB cups are seated properly. I didn’t get one seated properly once and the retainer w/ ball bearings wouldn’t spin without a bind.
Gonna check that for sure. I'm thinking the noise is coming from the rear cog and plan to change out the rim and hub/tire. I'll look at the cups and crankset too.
Thanks for the tip.

Back