When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bottom bracket noise.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

let’s put this one to bed 😂
pop the chain off and measure it, while it’s off take a pic of the cog, from your earlier pic it sure looks like the teeth are done

This is a very interesting thread and probably has garnered more ideas and tips than Ian ever wanted. Just reading through this i learned alot and will use that knowledge to keep my riders in tip top shape. Thanks Cabers!

The saga continues for Ian, who must be loving all the attention. 🤣
Never ever squirt WD-40 on greased or oiled moving parts unless you're cleaning them.
"NEVER"? He is trying to locate the noise @GTs58 , never would I encourage using these solvents as a lube. It is though. in my experience the absolute simplest way to find "squeaks and pops". Start with the seat. Still there? Wipe the lube completely off and move to the next area of the bike. How about around the headtube areas. Cup/frame interface....stem/bar, bar cross-brace if present. Still squeaking? Next the axle to frame contact points front and back. (MUST have washers) Still making noise? Move on to the next suspect one by one till you find it. EVERYTHING on a bike flexes as you ride it so it could be anywhere. We will have a huge party for you when you, or if you ever find it.

The saga continues for Ian, who must be loving all the attention. 🤣

"NEVER"? He is trying to locate the noise @GTs58 , never would I encourage using these solvents as a lube. It is though. in my experience the absolute simplest way to find "squeaks and pops". Start with the seat. Still there? Wipe the lube completely off and move to the next area of the bike. How about around the headtube areas. Cup/frame interface....stem/bar, bar cross-brace if present. Still squeaking? Next the axle to frame contact points front and back. (MUST have washers) Still making noise? Move on to the next suspect one by one till you find it. EVERYTHING on a bike flexes as you ride it so it could be anywhere. We will have a huge party for you when you, or if you ever find it.
I'll have to get an industrial size vessel of WD-40 😀.

Thanks to all the Cabers that came to assist me in my conundrum. Still gonna go after the squeak, pop, groan, click, or whatever noise comes up. Let's allow this post to sail into the sunset 🌇.
Ian

Back