When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a Phantom, real or frankenbike?

-
Fair enough saying too much is subjective. My definition of too much is spending more than it would be worth. Seems like you answered that too. Thanks!

How do I find a headlight? I’ve searched the easy places. Can someone point me towards less obvious locations?
Not Ebay. There are repop options; plastic or metal & neither are really super cheap imho.

Yours mounts through the frame so it may Only use an original. The guys here will chime in. Some of the repops just mount on top of any fender.

Yours mounts through the frame so it may Only use an original. The guys here will chime in. Some of the repops just mount on top of any fender.
I have read that on the EBay 1995 repro headlights. They say mount on top and not in the fender. And they aren’t cheap. Guess I better brace myself for when/if I find one for this 59.

Yeah, sorry about the pictures. I knew they weren’t good, I haven’t seen the sun in over 4 days and it has rained non stop for 3 in a row with several more on the way. Thanks for the feedback. It all helps.

I have read that on the EBay 1995 repro headlights. They say mount on top and not in the fender. And they aren’t cheap. Guess I better brace myself for when/if I find one for this 59.
Yeah an Original is going to be costly here or there most likely. I can't believe the repop stuff is bringing that much 'cause now for $500+ you can buy a new Phantom from Walmart. Repops here still sell for $300+ & so I guess everyday some body just keeps feeding the prices.

Like the others said a lot of wrong stuff on a ‘59 bike. The ‘59 was unique from the other years in many ways and finding the correct parts in the color you need could be a lengthy and costly process. I think bicyclebones on EBay has a repo tray, cover, lens package for about $100. I’d do that and call it a day with maybe a good service. V/r Shawn

Can't tell for sure with those pictures, but the chain guard may have been redecaled and possibly the tank was painted with a new decal too.
I would think if the tank was repainted it would have been done in red and a correct 59 decal would have been used.

Back