When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bowden

-

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here’s my find for this week. From a collection out of South Carolina. Bowden Spacelander!

Mike

B85DEF05-5B16-439F-B287-45C8C080BB55.jpeg

46946BD8-2206-4641-B6E5-097552FFC145.jpeg

9AFB655B-85BB-43B6-AC48-F29FDDA7A83E.jpeg

CF9C9AEB-DF6D-4CAA-9CBC-A92BB90016FC.jpeg

Here’s my find for this week. From a collection out of South Carolina. Bowden Spacelander!

Mike
<snip>
Wow, what a room full! If you're ever short of space, feel free to send those on over and I'll put them in a safe place! That Bowden was a heckuva find

REC

Last edited:
Thanks Rec. I had to move a bike out of my office to bring the Bowden in. Plenty of room in my garage, and a storage unit for overflow.
Mike

TIS A BEAUTY!
DO YOU HAVE ANY PROVENANCE TO SHARE THAT GOES WITH THE FIND?

Long story Wes, this bike was left in an Indiana bike shop the owner never came back for it. The bike was sold to a collector who painted over the OG green paint and sprayed it stop sign red. Fast forward, a collector buddy picked it up and had it sprayed out in the correct blue. We believe it to be original but it lacks the tag normally found behind the seat post, sprayed over 2 times I can’t see evidence of the 2 holes, I’ve also been told not all bikes were tagged. I contacted Craig Morrow who’s owned 14 Bowen’s he has many on display at his museum we are sharing pictures trying to figure out if it’s one of the repops or an original, Craig believes it to be an OG. Last night I contacted Michael Kaplan who reproduced a limited quantity of the Bowden’s after the limited 1960’s short run he was as helpful as Craig but there’s still an uncertainty. The horn button is a repop, the light switch seems OG. Horn button may have been added during one of the paint jobs. These bikes are fragile and broke easily, light bezels, horn and light switch buttons were easily busted and replaced. Still doing my due diligence but OG or not I love the bike and got a great deal on it!

Mike

Back