When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boys / Girls Truss Rod Fitment Question

-

JLF

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Need some expert knowledge please.

I believe these boys Truss Rods are actually from a girls bike? Should the top mount be below the fork top nut?

If so, would I trim and rethread the rods the exact amount they are higher than the bottom of the top nut? How otherwise would I know how much to trim off?

Thank you CABE!

630BE001-2D2A-483B-9D63-B9208B33CA52.jpeg
33AD98D1-9D55-408F-BE0D-577BA4CFC9FC.jpeg
3731D166-6E79-46FC-ACE0-E7B1D505C861.jpeg

Yes they should mount below the top nut

How about you fit the rods below the top nut first. There should be a flat section at the bottom at the axle holes. If there is enough space, drill a hole above the existing hole, that matches the existing hole, and grind the bottom part off. I would get the measurements from a boys rods first or have it with you as you do the work to compare

Last edited:
Easy fix,get some Colson struts, every brand is different. Oh ya, Colson boys & girls are the same length!

Last edited:
The bike is a Colson, so yeah I should that that. Thanks! Interesting that both boys and girls are the same.

Back