When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake cable fitting....?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is the rear brake cable fitting for a Yamaguchi bike from, I think, the 50's. The cable is shot and I need to replace it. Does anyone know how to get the old cable out of this fitting before I start hacking on it? The cable is somewhat "loose" inside the fitting...I can move it back and forth slightly. Almost as if this fitting comes apart and there's a cable end connection on the inside. I thought I'd ask, before I go the brute force/drill it out route. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Iz that the cable end in the small dark hole with a soldered pin on it? Maybe another pic? If it unscrewed and came apart, you would still
have the same problem?

Yes, that's the cable end in the small dark hole. The cable does not exit the other end...its somehow attached, inside...IF i can somehow GET inside.

Back