When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake lever ID.

-

Thonyv1974_

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Our 67 Fastback has od to me brake levers I've never seen before. Has anyone seen these before. ?
Thanks,
Tony and Sue

Screenshot_2018-03-15-21-32-47.png

Looks like some took a road bike lever handle and attached it to a tourist base. Pivot rivet looks odd also.

Looks like some took a road bike lever handle and attached it to a tourist base. Pivot rivet looks odd also.
Handles appear to be untouched. . I might leave them on for now being that they've been on it for who knows how long. ..

Definitely Weinmann brakes, are both sides like that? I’ve got a set of both tourists and road levers and I agree that it looks like road levers on tourist bases.

Definitely Weinmann brakes, are both sides like that? I’ve got a set of both tourists and road levers and I agree that it looks like road levers on tourist bases.
These are the first pair I've seen. ..

Im thinking there dia-compe..they look like the one that are on 78-81 5 speed Schwinn cruisers.

Not even close to the 70's and 80's Cruisers.

ee8685387291788b1bedb6993344deaf-jpg.jpg

With that road bike curve on that lever I bet you have no braking power since the lever is curved up closer to the handlebars with half the pull travel lost.

View attachment 771521

With that road bike curve on that lever I bet you have no braking power since the lever is curved up closer to the handlebars with half the pull travel lost.

View attachment 771521

Not much pull at all. ... I'm going to have to swap them out.

Back