When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Sleeve For Prewar Morrow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Recently picked up this Davega-badged Westfield from fellow caber, Rollo. Already found a dog leg crank and "bean" style chain ring, thanks to caber Krakatoa.

The bike is going to be a rider, but it barely brakes. I already have a NOS sleeve expander with teeth, and now looking for the correct brake sleeve for the prewar Morrow hub.

Unfortunately, just learned that Memory Lane in Ohio is shutting down.

3-23-18.jpg

Wow, usually some for sale on the feePay but not at the moment.

Gary's suggestion really does work well for an occasional rider, but if you are going to ride it much I would find one with less/no wear. Morrows will start to quickly wear the other parts when the brake cylinder gets too worn, making the back-stroke to make the brake function get longer and longer. Many of the ones I find/rebuild have this kind of wear and the only way to make the hub right is to replace stuff.

Oh, cool bike.

Gary's suggestion really does work well for an occasional rider, but if you are going to ride it much I would find one with less/no wear. Morrows will start to quickly wear the other parts when the brake cylinder gets too worn, making the back-stroke to make the brake function get longer and longer. Many of the ones I find/rebuild have this kind of wear and the only way to make the hub right is to replace stuff.
Eric, thanks for the comment. As you predicted, I'm also replacing the clutch rings, as 1/8 crank turn required to engage. Already have some NOS.

If I can't get any brake sleeves here, I plan to be at the Ann Arbor Swap later this month.

Back