When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

branded tools?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gretsch Guy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Quick rookie question... was it typical for TOC bike manufacturers to include actual bicycle model identifiers on the tools that came in the tool-kits? I can see having the company name appear, but my assumption would have been that the various bike models would include generic tool kit components. I was just surprised to see the "Rambler" name on this G&J wrench. Thanks in advance for the schooling!

Good distinction MrColumbia... thank you for that. But the question stands... was it typical for G&J to apply "brand names" of their bicycles to the tools they included in the tool kits? The wrench ford snake posted, with a more generic approach (able to be applied across brands) would seem more prudent.

As @GiovanniLiCalsi stated, it is my belief that these are most likely G&J Rambler automobile tools not bicycle tools. Ford printed the Ford name on their automobile tools as well.

As @GiovanniLiCalsi stated, it is my belief that these are most likely G&J Rambler automobile tools not bicycle tools. Ford printed the Ford name on their automobile tools as well.

Ok... I guess I wasn't aware G&J made automobiles as well, thanks for that heads-up. But to your point... Ford put their name on the tools they provided, and because it was the generic "Ford" they could apply those tools to any of it's vehicles. I'm questioning why G&J went to the trouble (cost) of emblomizing any specific product on something as common as a wrench... regardless if it's a sub-brand or a category of product (bicycle, motorcycle, or automobile). Just seems like it would make for an inventory complexity as they endeavor to have enough "Rambler" wrenches for each Rambler car they make (or Rambler branded bicycle). It obviously matters little... thanks for the feedback!

Back