When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breast Cancer Bike with a twist ?????

-

Sulley

Finally riding a big boys bike
A dear freind of mine has stage 4 breast cancer, she has been a great supporter of mine while i wait for a heart, when i found out she had cancer i really didnt know what to do or say. She likes the different bike i build and one day she sent me a picture of a bike and said when are you going to start building these. It was a mountain bike with an old style reel lawn mower bolted to the front. Well as luck would have it a freind was moving and she couldnt take her bike with her, now mind you i had no idea what the bike was but she asked if i would like it and maybe i could fix it up and donate it or something. Well i got the bike and low a behold it was a pink mountain bike. The old wheels in my head started turnin and i went to work. The kid across the street had an old style reel mower he would part with. So here is some of the build pictures, i plan on giving it to her next week, i sure hope she likes it. Sulley

This is the picture of the bike she sent me.
mowercycle23-1.jpg

Donated bike.
006-1.jpg

Mockup with the mower .
0042-1.jpg

Disassembley of the mower and paint.
0033-1.jpg

This is what i ended up with.
0073-1.jpg

0063-1.jpg

Last edited:
I gave it to her today, she was not home when i dropped it off, she call a short time ago to thank me, i said did it bring a smile to your face, she said yep and i said that is all the thanks i need. Sulley

Very COOL

A selfless act by one human being for another! It speaks to what is good in this world.

BTW I posted a link on RRB for those who are interested in coming to check out your build.

Joe

Back