When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breezer series one fake

-

Barfbucket

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m new here. Here is a project I’ve been working on for years. Tinkering around for a few minutes at a time. Most of the time the frame hangs forgotton in my attic. This winter I dug through my junk stash and was amazed I had almost all the parts. The gear ratio will be original. Most parts are as original. Mild steel tubing instead of straight gauge chrome moly. Started with a $98 bike and cut off all the guides and brake mounts. I used a Huffy fork which I lengthened, laterals from another Huffy Mixie and misc. Frame parts from five other junk bicycle frames. The frame also has all the cable guides attached but I don’t have photos of the frame with them on it. I guess Joe doesn’t mind the imitation, he said it’s better to be remembered than forgotten when others have imitated his early bikes. I have tires with a similar tread pattern as the original. I’m wondering if the bb will be too low so I’m using165 crank arms. I hope it all works. I also made my own seat sandwich so I can use a more modern seat post with the double rail saddle.

StartIng point. The basic frame came from a bicycle that was similar to this.

Last edited:
I’m new to CABE so I got this in the wrong place. Looks like it should be under projects. I’m not going to post this project anymore, what a mess, started on the wrong foot.

Well, if it's not in the BEST place it's in the second best! I say go with it!

Fun concept.

I've always wondered what Joe could charge if he made another limited batch of those...$$$$ ;)

BTW he's a very nice person IMHO.

I’m new to CABE so I got this in the wrong place. Looks like it should be under projects. I’m not going to post this project anymore, what a mess, started on the wrong foot.

Simple solution. Contact one of the moderators and make a request to relocate this thread to the projects section.

Well, if it's not in the BEST place it's in the second best! I say go with it!

Fun concept.

I've always wondered what Joe could charge if he made another limited batch of those...$$$$ ;)

BTW he's a very nice person IMHO.
They were about $3000 in today’s money when they were new, so they were pricy and he still was able to sell nine.
Simple solution. Contact one of the moderators and make a request to relocate this thread to the projects section.
Gosh I would never be able to figure out how to do that. I’m 75, and don’t speak geek. I have to go for psych counseling after trying to plug in a Vtec land line phone. I won’t waste more than 5 minutes trying to figure something on a computer. If it’s not immediately solvable it’s not worth the frustration and time to get something simple done. I only have so much time remaining in my life so I won’t waste valuable seconds of my life. Thanks though, this solution would be good for someone under 50.

They were about $3000 in today’s money when they were new, so they were pricy and he still was able to sell nine.

Gosh I would never be able to figure out how to do that. I’m 75, and don’t speak geek. I have to go for psych counseling after trying to plug in a Vtec land line phone. I won’t waste more than 5 minutes trying to figure something on a computer. If it’s not immediately solvable it’s not worth the frustration and time to get something simple done. I only have so much time remaining in my life so I won’t waste valuable seconds of my life. Thanks though, this solution would be good for someone under 50.

Well I thought it would be a breeze but it seems the Staff list is non functional (Disappeared) at the moment. Another glitch creating more wasted seconds of one's life.

Back