When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brick tread 2.0's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
In add
Payment Terms
PP, cash
Zipcode
My mid-60s 26”x1-3/4 Schwinn Panther had a narrow whitewall. Above the whitewalls was a fine diamond pattern. The tread, if I recall, was Just four parallel lines. Are these in production? Does anyone remember these? Thanks.

My mid-60s 26”x1-3/4 Schwinn Panther had a narrow whitewall. Above the whitewalls was a fine diamond pattern. The tread, if I recall, was Just four parallel lines. Are these in production? Does anyone remember these? Thanks.
I have several sets of these DiamondTread tires on some of my bikes. Yes, they still make them, although I don't know if they make the 26x1.75 size. Kenda and Duro still make these. Good luck. Razin.

The list of current production tires available for 26x1-3/4" middleweight Schwinns is extremely short. It is NOT the same size as 26x1.75. The 26x1-3/4" rim is almost 1/2" bigger in outer diameter, and a 26x1.75" tire wont even come close to going on.

There is nothing like Knez68cougar described above avaliable new as far as I know. NOS or used only.

I highly recommend the tires in this thread. Nice quality. Look just like period Schwinn but fatter.

Reactions: mrg
Thanks to all. The catalog link was partiularly helpful. Yes, it was the Superior. When I bought my first replacement tire in the 70s, the Schwinn dealer sold me a Westwind with brick tread. I didn’t realize there was a difference between 1-3/4 and 1.75. My panther has S-7 rims with 1-3/4 Westwind tires presently.

Sorry, supplier had a new year price increase so had to raise my price a little ( not as much as they raised on me ) and I'm still cheaper than ebay. Thanks

Back