When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bricks 'n Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Any obvious examples of repairs to walls or structures damaged or destroyed during WWII? I'm interested in seeing some of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxfordshire, especially Oxford itself, thankfully escaped any really heavy bombing during WWII.
This was supposedly because if Germany ever invaded it was where Messrs. Hitler and Goerring wished to reside!
I grew up in Oxford itself and the park where I played the beautiful game (you may know it as 'soccer') was called 'the airfield'.
This was as a result of the Morris car plant being repurposed as an aircraft repair facility during the war.
Both of my grandfathers worked there ( one as an engineer during WWII, the other after his war service in North Africa).
Aircraft would be brought in, repaired and then flown back to their respective squadrons.
The area where I live, Wallingford, is home to several former wartime airbases, mainly home to reconnaissance squadrons, one of which is still in use as a Chinook helicopter training facility.
I'll try and get a photo of it, if I'm permitted, as I'm cycling past it on Sunday.
The former airfield near where I work is still in use as an aircraft ejector seat manufacturing plant.

Last edited:
Amazing story! My father trained to fight in ETO (European Theatre) and was set to deploy to England but his Division was diverted to the Pacific Theater. I've got some experience with the Chinook but it's basically exiting it safety while in flight! Practicing the vertical envelopment as we did on 6 June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a new lighter rear wheel and it actually rides pretty well, my original steel hoop with RD tire was not doing it justice. The 84 year old platform is holding up well......
IMG_7898.JPG

Back