When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bringing back to life a'51 black phantom

-

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
One of our customers brought this to me today to clean up for him! Was found in a trash pile they were hired to dispose of! Fork is locked missing key, have a set coming from Wes and typhoon cord's and grips coming from bones for it... missing a couple things and not sure how far he wants to take it.... Here's what it looks like today. ..

By the way, it's a '51! Watch for updates and photos as I go along....

Can't remember name of company, not homemade...now need to have a beer and figure out what direction we're going with it! Just discovered chrome really isn't that rusty, it's nicotine all over it! Having a beer and waiting for mailman to bring keys from Wes....so I can take it all apart....

Chrome might be nice under all the crap... @tacochris he'd love this one!

Can't remember name of company, not homemade...now need to have a beer and figure out what direction we're going with it! Just discovered chrome really isn't that rusty, it's nicotine all over it! Having a beer and waiting for mailman to bring keys from Wes....so I can take it all apart....View attachment 1409877
Chrome might be nice under all the crap... @tacochris he'd love this one!
O wow, yeah you werent kidding that thing is in stellar shape! Finding an original paint matching finish tank will be tough but considering he has zero in it, he can afford to shell a few hundos for a nice tank. Its about as nice as my 51...
It must be an early 51 with that type of seat....

O wow, yeah you werent kidding that thing is in stellar shape! Finding an original paint matching finish tank will be tough but considering he has zero in it, he can afford to shell a few hundos for a nice tank. Its about as nice as my 51...
It must be an early 51 with that type of seat....
So cracked couple beers and it's not rust on the bike, the nicotine comes off pretty easy... five minutes on bars....

This is gonna be fun! Need to find him a tank, anyone See's one, please let me know...

Back