When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bringing out original finish of my "new" Shelby Supreme

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

skeezer

Finally riding a big boys bike
I received this today from a well respected CABEer and am looking for information, videos, etc. to bring out the original finish. Thanks.

Skeezer

zboysshelby.jpg

zboysshelby2.jpg

zboysshelby3.jpg

zboysshelby4.jpg

Looks like the usual routine will do:
  • WD-40 and 0000 Steel Wool, go easy and clean well, ok on decals and pinstripes, but GO EASY.....scrubbing and wiping multiple times will produce the best results and cleaning.....
  • rubbing compound of choice, go easy everywhere but do NOT use on decals or pinstripes....keep a close eye on results......can be used on the forbidden decals and pinstripes but only in certain situations......always go slow and check results....
  • wax of choice can/should go everywhere.....once you are satisfied with your above cleaning results, give that frame a good waxing.
That paint looks like it will react to the routine very well and look amazing.....

I realize I'm just looking at pictures, but schit, just use a cleaner wax on that and call it a day. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax does a decent job. I'd try that before farting around with messy steel wool and that highly refined mineral spirits crap that that paint doesn't need. Looks like the blue fender tip chevrons are still shiny! Bar Keepers on the light and then wax.

I think @GTs58 is correct, Bar Keepers and wax would probably do it! The "usual routine" is for a much farther gone paint situation which is what I am usually dealing with so it is my go to. Not necessary to go that deep on this nice looking paint. Looking forward to the cleaned up photos....

Starting with a bike like this in such good shape is pretty easy to bring back the finish. I’m in awe of some members that can bring back rusty heaps to sparkling beauties. Nice job!!

It may be your lucky day. I think I have the chainguard in original paint red with white pins.......seriously. Could almost be this bikes replaced guard.

Back