British Sunbeam in Green

This ad disappears when logged in

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Floral Park, NY, United States
Wow, it looks barely ridden. And Sunbeam is a brand not often seen, at least here on Long Island. Nice find, and even with the pump!!

My guess on year is very early 60's, but of course the hub will tell the tale. 1961?...

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2016
North Carolina , Albemarle, NC, United States
Wow, it looks barely ridden. And Sunbeam is a brand not often seen, at least here on Long Island. Nice find, and even with the pump!!

My guess on year is very early 60's, but of course the hub will tell the tale. 1961?...
It is not mine but a fresh listing on a local CL. Thought the pic would be better appreciated here than in the CL forum.

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
you'll find the history of this bike tied with the history of BSA, acquired by BSA in 1943, and separated from the motorcycle business in 1953
41vUh4ZiYiL.jpg

they were acquired by Raleigh in 1957 - may have been made in to the early 60s, but no specific information.
I would be trying to date this bike to between 1953-57, before Raleigh bought BSA/Sunbeam bicycles.
Though the Made in England script sure matches Raleigh script.
Must be one of the rarest headbadges out there.

Last edited:

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
Last edited:

blackhawknj

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nov 29, 2016
Plainsboro, United States
An excellent find. I have one, a mens. The hub is stamped 5-71 but it came with mint Dunlop tires.

juvela

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 2, 2014
Playa del Rey, United States
-----

The four foil bands on the seat tube are consistent with many Raleigh contract builds done for the U.S. market, such as those for AMF.

The Raleigh experts will likely know a launch year for their use...

-----

SirMike1983

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 27, 2008
United States
-----

The four foil bands on the seat tube are consistent with many Raleigh contract builds done for the U.S. market, such as those for AMF.

The Raleigh experts will likely know a launch year for their use...

-----
Right - it's a Raleigh-made 3-speed light roadster with the Sunbeam badge. The four bands usually mean an AMF bike sent to the US. The bikes have the Sunbeam badge but are unrelated to the original, pre-Raleigh merger Sunbeam.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture