When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brooks Mk IV?

-
They were not normally date stamped but I believe some that were supplied to the Irish Army did have a date. The stipulation for the British Army as per the contract was that the manufacturer could mark the machines with there details on the sloping downtube. This was optional and those that did used a small rectangular transfer with a black War Department stencilled arrow above. The T prefix frame number was not only used by BSA. I have seen it on Phillips and Royal Enfield machines. Hope this helps.
Regards Paul

Hi, I picked up a military frame from a collector in Greece--The serial number is T 105245. There is also a separate stamp "AA" in the same location. This may be an RAF designation, but I am unsure. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated! I am also working on an Irish MkV BSA bike. --David

Back