When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brooks Mk IV?

-
The frame number is definitely a MKV sequence however what was making me doubt that it is a MKV* is that that I could not see from your photos the bottom bracket area to confirm that it has a double cottered bottom bracket? If it has then it will be a MKV* as confirmed by Johan.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll get better pictures. Also found the ABL stamping opposite the frame number.

ABL markings indicates it was used post WW2 by the Belgian Armed Forces... they were all sold off in the late 90s and just about every MkV* in Europe today came from that source

Thanks Johan!

More pictures, I'm guessing this is what was in question....

IMG_20190217_101240.jpg

IMG_20190217_101231.jpg

Excellent you have a nice MKV* Also does not appear to have much wear on the chainwheel. Thanks again for sharing.
Paul

Hi,

I understand that T in the serial number for these bikes indicates BSA, and also that there is no known BSA date list.

The problem with the dated carriers is that they can be swapped between bikes, but, if you feel there's a good chance it's original to the bike, then 1942 onwards.

Best Regards,

Adrian

If anyone has a lead on a replacement rear reflector, or know of someone who might, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I don't think the T-prefix was limited to the BSA frame numbers...

Pretty sure I have seen other makes (Philips, etc...) also having T prefixes...

Back