When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brothers from another Mother

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
When I saw @Mabuhay's thread on his crusty black '36 Schwinn DBR, I was hooked. The way he went about the build and rejuvenation of this awesome rare-ish frame was just as I would have. Keep it simple, full mechanical rebuild and most importantly....preserve the crust. Oh, and it reminded me of my very own '36 Colson double bar. The more I looked at them, I'm convinced they're related.... possibly even 1/2 brothers. We made arrangements to have a reunion of sorts at this past weekend's Rolling Relics SF Ride, and I'm happy to say it went well. No DNA test was done, but I'm still convinced these two are closer than any Schwinn and Colson ever have been. It was great meeting you Eddie. I hope we can put together a Cyclone Coasters Double Bar Ride together someday soon so we can get all the local Schwinn, Colson, CWC and maybe even a Shelby, Iver or Snyder. I don't think we have any local Monarks, but it would be cool to get one out to compare.

PXL_20220730_223656534.jpg

PXL_20220730_223113574.jpg

PXL_20220730_181557895.jpg

PXL_20220730_175355314.jpg

PXL_20220730_223504463.jpg

Last edited:
When Mike @fordmike65 reached out to me asking if we were planning to go to the S.F. ride, he asked if I was bringing “Cochina” our ’36 Schwinn DBR. I'm glad we brought our DBRs to the SF ride. So glad to finally meet Mike for the first time. What a fun day occasionally riding along side with Mike and chatting throughout the day. Love his bike, the overall condition and being a LWB too. Killer! I would be proud to own a Colson bike like Mike’s. Those fenders...so sweet. Oh and his lady’s killer Supreme…wow. I have to agree, when we had our DBRs together, they do look rad together. And like we’ve talked about before, Mike, if you plan a DBR featured ride, we will do our best to make it. Thanks brother for a great day.

One more thing about Mike that I wanted to mention here. To make a long story short, Mike offered me a tire to use. I got a flat before the ride started using a very old, used, and uniquely repaired Carlisle Lightning Dart tires. Everyone but me insisted I use the new tire. Done. Not only for letting me use his new John's chain tread blackwall tire, but during the end of the ride before we separated, I tell Mike, “I want to pay you for the tire.” Of course being a gentlemen, he refused. I told him, “I’ll get you back bro.” Thanks Mike for saving the day for my wife and me.

01 DBR cousins.jpg

01 Colson and Schwinn.jpg

Colson and Schwinn.jpg

02 Colson and Schwinn.jpg

03 Colson and Schwinn.jpg

03a Colson and Schwinn.jpg

04 Mike's Colson DBR.jpg

05 Cochina.jpg

20 '22 SF Ride.jpg

43 '22 SF Ride.jpg

When Mike @fordmike65 reached out to me asking if we were planning to go to the S.F. ride, he asked if I was bringing “Cochina” our ’36 Schwinn DBR. I'm glad we brought our DBRs to the SF ride. So glad to finally meet Mike for the first time. What a fun day occasionally riding along side with Mike and chatting throughout the day. Love his bike, the overall condition and being a LWB too. Killer! I would be proud to own a Colson bike like Mike’s. Those fenders...so sweet. Oh and his lady’s killer Supreme…wow. I have to agree, when we had our DBRs together, they do look rad together. And like we’ve talked about before, Mike, if you plan a DBR featured ride, we will do our best to make it. Thanks brother for a great day.

One more thing about Mike that I wanted to mention here. To make a long story short, Mike offered me a tire to use. I got a flat before the ride started using a very old, used, and uniquely repaired Carlisle Lightning Dart tires. Everyone but me insisted I use the new tire. Done. Not only for letting me use his new John's chain tread blackwall tire, but during the end of the ride before we separated, I tell Mike, “I want to pay you for the tire.” Of course being a gentlemen, he refused. I told him, “I’ll get you back bro.” Thanks Mike for saving the day for my wife and me.

View attachment 1673190

View attachment 1673191

View attachment 1673192

View attachment 1673193

View attachment 1673194

View attachment 1673195

View attachment 1673196

View attachment 1673197

View attachment 1673198

View attachment 1673199
They're both my favorite!!

Back