When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brothers from another Mother

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
True that!
Those big McCauley fenders and chainguard are very handsome.
It’s the odd geometry of the Long Wheel Base Colson frame that looks strange.
They stretched the frame on the wrong end.
If they had stretched the front triangle, it would’ve been the most sought after frame style of its type, for adult sized riders.
Just goes to show, that Colson should’ve stuck to Hand Trucks and Wheelchairs, because they obviously didn’t know squat about bicycle geometry & design.
Just kidding!
Sort of?
Lol!

When Mike @fordmike65 reached out to me asking if we were planning to go to the S.F. ride, he asked if I was bringing “Cochina” our ’36 Schwinn DBR. I'm glad we brought our DBRs to the SF ride. So glad to finally meet Mike for the first time. What a fun day occasionally riding along side with Mike and chatting throughout the day. Love his bike, the overall condition and being a LWB too. Killer! I would be proud to own a Colson bike like Mike’s. Those fenders...so sweet. Oh and his lady’s killer Supreme…wow. I have to agree, when we had our DBRs together, they do look rad together. And like we’ve talked about before, Mike, if you plan a DBR featured ride, we will do our best to make it. Thanks brother for a great day.

One more thing about Mike that I wanted to mention here. To make a long story short, Mike offered me a tire to use. I got a flat before the ride started using a very old, used, and uniquely repaired Carlisle Lightning Dart tires. Everyone but me insisted I use the new tire. Done. Not only for letting me use his new John's chain tread blackwall tire, but during the end of the ride before we separated, I tell Mike, “I want to pay you for the tire.” Of course being a gentlemen, he refused. I told him, “I’ll get you back bro.” Thanks Mike for saving the day for my wife and me.

View attachment 1673190

View attachment 1673191

View attachment 1673192

View attachment 1673193

View attachment 1673194

View attachment 1673195

View attachment 1673196

View attachment 1673197

View attachment 1673198

View attachment 1673199
Thank you for all the beautiful photos of two beautiful bicycles.
It was fun checking out both your Schwinns and meeting you on the ride.

True that!
Those big McCauley fenders and chainguard are very handsome.
It’s the odd geometry of the Long Wheel Base Colson frame that looks strange.
They stretched the frame on the wrong end.
If they had stretched the front triangle, it would’ve been the most sought after frame style of its type, for adult sized riders.
Just goes to show, that Colson should’ve stuck to Hand Trucks and Wheelchairs, because they obviously didn’t know squat about bicycle geometry & design.
Just kidding!
Sort of?
Lol!

All kidding aside, those bikes look fantastic together.
They look like they belonged to a pair of brothers, and spent their whole existence in the same environment.
Amazing pair, and great photo shoot.
I’d be up for a Double Bar Roadster ride, if that should come to fruition.
My only contribution could be the 1938 CWC built, Berry Cohen Special.
Similar in design, but just the Roadmaster version.

All kidding aside, those bikes look fantastic together.
They look like they belonged to a pair of brothers, and spent their whole existence in the same environment.
Amazing pair, and great photo shoot.
I’d be up for a Double Bar Roadster ride, if that should come to fruition.
My only contribution could be the 1938 CWC built, Berry Cohen Special.
Similar in design, but just the Roadmaster version.
Sounds great Marty. I'd like to see when Eddie @Mabuhay can make it down for a CC Ride, and we'll plan around that.

The real question everyone forgot to ask... what came first? The chicken or the egg? Who copied who? Let's see some patents on these two frame designs.

The best part is the fact Mike is slowly coming out of the schwinn lovers closet. Now even a thread about schwinns, photos of his so called beloved Colsons having affairs with the supposed enemy schwinns, ....... can it be any more obvious? SCHWINN LOVER? 🤣😂

Back