When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brunswick Highwheel Information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bicycle Museum of America

Finally riding a big boys bike
Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I have what may be a needle-in-a-haystack issue. A patron is looking for information on a highwheel produced by the J. M. Brunswick Manufacturing Company of Chicago. I can find no information that this company ever sold bicycle before 1996, but that doesn't always mean the information is not out there. Does anyone happen to know anything about this?

She didn't have a lot of information on it. She said a family member had brought it from Chicago - she didn't say anything about it being a reproduction. No pics either, unfortunately.

As I said, a regular needle-in-a-haystack. I didn't know if someone here had an obscure newspaper article or ad.

You could also refer your "patrons" here to The Cabe and to The Wheelman site.

Last edited:
I'm not certain this helps but here is an 1898 ad that I came across for a "Brunswick" bicycle built in Amesbury, Massachusetts by S. L. Bartlett :

1647045097675.png

You can find a reference to it: :https://static1.squarespace.com/sta.../1607271809288/Bicycles+in+Amesbury+TM+08.pdf

(it's on page 9 of this cycling history of Amesbury)

"The 1898 ad for S. L. Bartlett (Figure 15), who also repairs bicycles, lists the brand-name, component parts of his Brunswick Bicycle. Notice that like the Flying Yankee it has wooden rims, but as an option it has a two-gear, rear wheel hub, an innovation developed in 1894."

Back