When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BSA bicycle

-
Hi Godevil,

Thanks for the information on the bottom bracket axle of 128 mm Overall Axle Length and Distance Between Bearing Surfaces is 49 mm. Did you find this information somewhere, or was it a good guess?

For the rear wheel, another option is to build it up. The rims are Dunlop Westrick 26 x 1 3/8, and are common to many english bicycles of the period.

Since I have a correct unissued Mark X cog and hub, but no wheels, I bought a front and rear wheel with rims of the correct type off Ebay UK for £75, which I will rebuild and repaint.These also had a good Sturmey Archer 3 speed I can swap out, and stainless spokes I can reuse in the rebuild.

Purists may object, but my frame is brown, so finding brown wheels (and other parts) is an added difficulty, and I really don't want to repaint original green parts. Should correct original parts turn up, then they are easy enough to change.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Salut Mercian et merci pour tes tuyaux,
Selon mes mesures, c'est le vendeur d'Ebay qui m'a conseillé 49 mm.
Le choix de reconstruire la roue est peut-être le plus accessible dans un premier temps !

Back