When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BSA bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How do I identify the jeep wheels. I have a stack of about 8.

The wheels for the prototype jeeps, and early production 1941 to early 1942 jeeps were a one piece construction, and these are hard to find because few were made, and they were replaced by later wheels.

The ones used in jeep production from early 42 to end of production in 45, and on the jeep trailers, were a two piece construction, which allows the wheels to separated into two parts to take the tyres off without special tools in the field. These are more common than early one piece, but still rare because they were relatively fragile. This meant they often don't survive well, and that they were replaced with a different type of one piece wheel on civilian and miltary jeeps after 45.

Two piece 'Combat Rims' are the easiest to spot, the one piece is harder because there are many similar post war ones.

After that brief introduction, here is a site telling you almost everything you need to know. If you still have doubts after that, send pictures to Godevil or myself, we'll be glad to help.

http://www.rensjeep.com/rim/wheelid.html

Best Regards,

Adrian

Early Wheel, very rare ! 4x3 rivets - Have you some photos ?
jante 1er modèle.jpg

Thanks gentlemen,
I have not looked at the wheels in a while.
If I remember correctly, all of my wheels are one piece except one.
4 or 5 of my wheels came to me on my 1963 International Scout when I purchased it in the 1980s.
I suspect all of the one piece wheels that I have are post war.
I'll look this week and take some photos.
Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

I have find a front Wheel with 32 spokes. Not BSA but It's looks like a good.
Now, i research an Bottom bracket axle.
Many measures on EBay...
This seller have 128 ? 134 ? 143 ? Overall Axle Length
and the Centre to Centre Distance Between the Raised Areas is 49 ? 53 mm ?
Somebody have an axle for measures ?

And for chain, 1/8" with ????? links is good ?????

Thanks a lot

pedalier.JPG

Hi, Godevil.

This is one question I wish I could help with, but I can't.

I have exactly the same problem, I'm trying to find a correct bottom bracket, but can't find details of what it should be. Moreover, BSA bottom bracet searches brings up details of thousands of modern bb cartridges, because they use BSA threads!

I will continue looking, if I find the information, I'll put it here, please do the same for me if you come across it. The only other option I have at the moment is to dismantle one of my other parabike's bb's to look, but the ball bearings get everywhere (-:

Have a Good Weekend,

Adrian

Hi Guys,
Project was stop ! I don't find any part to complete the bicycle....
:cry:
Anybody have rear Wheel BSA with 40 spokes ?

Thanks for your answer !

My last mannequin ! "free french" jump to fixed Wehrmacht in britain (Plumelec - Saint-Marcel).

20181222_141203-1.jpg

Back