When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BSA Gold Column Decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dvdnwll

On Training Wheels
Hi all,

I'm restoring a 1949-ish BSA Gold Column and am in need of some decals. Can anyone help me with some decent images so I can have some made up?

Thanks,

David

-----

have you contacted the VCC marque enthusiast for BSA?

you may yet get more assistance from your threads at retrobike & BF

@dnc1

-----

Here are photos of my Gold Column. I was going to restore it, but it was destroyed in a fire in June. I think I still have a NOS BSA rear derailleur with shifter and some other parts.

Here are photos of my Gold Column. I was going to restore it, but it was destroyed in a fire in June. I think I still have a NOS BSA rear derailleur with shifter and some other parts.

View attachment 1680736

View attachment 1680737

View attachment 1680738
Sorry to hear you lost it in a fire!
Any idea what year your example was?
The original poster thinks his is '49ish; '49 models have a rear flip-flop, large flange aluminium hub, fixed and freewheel I think, but possibly could be double fixed.
Anyway, here's how it appeared in the 1949 catalogue.....
Screenshot_20220816-171105_Chrome.jpg

(Image from V-CC library)

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies!

I think I've nearly got enough images to make recreating the decals possible. The tricky one is the large one on the seat post which has a gold column trophy surrounded by a BSA ribbon, with laurel wreaths top and bottom. A similar image was used in some of the advertising material.

Mine has the double fixed/freewheel hub which seems to be in good shape.

Thanks for photos Fat Tire Trader - sorry for your loss... If you still have parts you're willing to sell, I'd certainly be interested.

It really is a lovely bike - I'm more a car man, but saw the bike outside a junk shop in Louth and fell in love... I'm learning as I go.

Thanks again!

Back